I was prescribed with antibiotics to help with my tonsilliti

Patient

Q: I was prescribed with antibiotics to help with my tonsillitis/strep throat, but I have not started to feel better. Three days after taking the antibiotics 3 times/day, I feel like my tonsils only got more swollen and more symptoms have popped up. Note that this is my first time getting tonsillitis and the reason being so is due to me burning my throat on hot food. I was just wondering if I should seek more help.

Symptoms:  Fever, blood in mucus (rare only happened 2 times), coughing, large tonsils, difficulty swallowing+breathing, ear pain,
Doctor