Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was put on birth control because I wasn’t getting

I was put on birth control because I wasn’t getting

Patient: I was put on birth control because I wasn’t getting my period. On the day of my first pill I took the pill and literally 20 minutes later I got my period. Can I not take the rest of the birth control and just let my body take its natural course now?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Birth control is given to regularize the cycles which have been irregular from quite sometime. If you feel that it has worked without medicines you can take a chance by resorting to body’s demands naturally. However, if irregularities continue you will need medicines.Hope this helped.Regards