I was put on birth control because I wasn't getting

Patient : I was put on birth control because I wasn't getting my period. On the day of my first pill I took the pill and literally 20 minutes later I got my period. Can I not take the rest of the birth control and just let my body take its natural course now?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Birth control is given to regularize the cycles which have been irregular from quite sometime. If you feel that it has worked without medicines you can take a chance by resorting to body's demands naturally. However, if irregularities continue you will need medicines. Hope this helped. Regards