I was put on lovan capsules 20 mg a day 5 years ago.

Q: I was put on lovan capsules 20mg a day 5years ago for the last 2 years i have not been taking it regularly my boyfriend telks me i should be able to deal with my life without drugs i can feel my self getting more and more in that rut what should i do

Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Depression is a distressing illness and it cannot be controlled by mind. In diabetes, blood sugars increase and it cannot be controlled at will. This requires therapy and likewise depression also requires therapy. Take your boyfriend along with you for a psychiatry follow-up. I am sure the doctor there will help him understand the concept.
Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.