Ask The Doctor > Pending > I was recently switched from bupropion 150mg two times a

I was recently switched from bupropion 150mg two times a

Patient: I was recently switched from bupropion 150mg two times a day to bupropion 300mg XL extended release tablets. I was wondering if you could tell me the difference between the two forms and how that would affect me. Is the 300mg a stronger dosage since it is 300mg taken at one time? I have also heard about the FDA recalling the generic brand of Welbutrin (bupropion). Is it still effective or more effective? It’s only been two days since I switched doses and I have been feeling kind of down lately. Any information you have would be much appreciated! Also, I am a 20 year old male and about 175lbs. Thanks!

Doctor: