I Was released from hospital on Friday I had a

Patient : I Was released from hospital on Friday. I had a cannula in my arm. My arm, just above where the cannula was is now very sore
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It looks like you have had a thrombophlebitis or inflammation of the superficial veins after cannulation at the hospital. It often presents with severe pain and redness. You may also catch a fever if it is left unattended. Continue the medications you are on at present. You can apply thrombophobe gel or any equivalent ointment over the area available over the counter in your country. Keep the area clean and dry. In case of fever or chills, see a doctor immediately. Hope this helped. Regards