I was scratching my lower arm or whatever it's called

Q: I was scratching my lower arm or whatever it's called right above my hands. I was scratching until it started to sting and hurt and after a few while tere is a big blotch of a scar thingy which hurts whenever I touch it .

I was scratching my lower a...-1

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a clear picture.

The picture shows that you were scratching till you removed the upper strata (layer) of the skin and what you saw is that layer of the skin that contains lots of nerve endings to give sensitivity. Hence the appearance and pain on touch.
Such a scratching is possible that you remove so much of your own tissues after an insect bite which make the skin wound to appear like what you have described.

I would advise you to apply liquid povidone iodine and take an antihistamine if the itching is still persistent.

I hope this answer helps you.