Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was suffering from UTI It started in Nov,14

I was suffering from UTI It started in Nov,14

Patient: I was suffering from UTI.It started in Nov,14. I went to the Doctor in Feb,15. He gave me antibiotics, cranberry juice and a syrup for regulating pH of urine. Then I gave a test. It was fine with no pathogens and infection. After 1 week symptoms appeared again but not of extreme intensity. They are till now. Very mild but still symptoms.What should I do?I am 19.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here is what you should do. See a Doctor as getting recurrent UTIs is a cause for concer n. You have also not mentioned if you are a male or female. Recurrent UTIs are common in girls who have an abnormal Urinary tract. They are rare in guys.The best way to treat this to see a Doctor and get antibiotics.I hope this helps you. All the best.