I was supposed to start my period on the 10th

Patient : I was supposed to start my period on the 10th.my periods are always on time and heavy. Only this month on the 10th it is very very light.spotting i guess u could say. i have cramps just as i am on my period. The spotting lasted for 2 days then nothing.ive taken pregnancy test and they all came out negative.could i still be pregnant and im just testing too soon?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Scanty menses or oligomenorrhoea is commonly a sign of hormonal imbalance caused by obes ity or PCOS. Other causes are also likely, but it needs medical evaluation for proper diagnosis and treatment. A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization. It is estimated that the highest possible screening sensitivity of a home pregnancy test by one week after the first day of the missed period is 97 percent. The earliest you can get a positive result on the most sensitive pregnancy tests is seven days after ovulation ( Ovulation occurs on the 14th day prior to the next menstruation cycle). Thus Implantation needs to occur before hCG is produced and that generally happens between 6-12 days post ovulation, usually by 10 days after. For this reason, it makes economical sense to wait until 10-12 days after ovulation, but even then a significant percentage of women who are indeed pregnant will still show a negative result. Please visit your doctor for a check-up.