I was sweeping a floor with rat poison powder In

Patient

Q: I was sweeping a floor with rat poison powder In it and feel like I breathed it in . I was only in the room for maybe 7 or 8 minutes . I am 18 weeks pregnant can this affect my baby????

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Yes, this can harm your baby. It actually depends on how much amount it has gone inside you.
You should change your clothes immediately and take a shower properly to get rid of any rat powder on your skin which can get absorbed and harm you further.
You should seek emergency care and get fetal heart rate monitoring done.
See your doctor in the ER now.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.