Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was told by the ER dr on Wednesday that

I was told by the ER dr on Wednesday that

Patient: I was told by the ER dr on Wednesday that I have bronchitis. About 30 mins ago, I atarted cougjing up ponk phlegm and an uncontrollable cough. I did a nebulizer treatment and it seemed to have controlled the cough for a little bit. I am also on azithromycin and prednisone. Should I go to thr ER? I am also 17 weeks pregnant. Thank you.

Symptoms: Coughing, pink phlegm, shaking of the left arm, hard to catch breath.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Bronchitis or Allergic Cough.Smoking is the main fa ctor behind it. However, it can be allergic too.I would advise in such scenario:1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest Xray4. Pulmonary Function TestIf the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchitis.If there is any Emphysema, it would get evident in chest x-ray.If you have chest congestion, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy