I was told I have cysts on my ovaries

Patient

Q: I was told I have cysts on my ovaries and my doctor doesn't know much about it. Can it cause a lot of pain I have trouble even moving some days and my lower abdomen really hurts sometimes

Doctor

Yes, an ovarian cyst, more likely an endometrial cyst or an infected cyst or a torsion of the ovary can cause abdominal pain. Kindly consult your Doctor again and opt for an ultrasound. It would tell us the status of your cysts and ovaries and accordingly the Doctor can treat you options being painkillers, hormones and even surgery if needed.

Hope this helped.