Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was told i may have acid reflux snd that

I was told i may have acid reflux snd that

Patient: I was told i may have acid reflux snd that peocid should help do the trick in 2 weeks but i started getting little sharp like pains just under my left breast they come and go here and there. Is this common with acid reflux?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.The recurrent vomitings can be due to acid reflux and but we shou ld always evaluate other common causes like Gall bladder issues, Pancreatitis.Ultrasound is required to diagnose all these issues.If the ultrasound is normal, we treat our patients for Acid reflux and most of them respond to treatment. For acid reflux, i advise my patients to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.You should also take soft, bland diet.In case you have persisting acidity, loose stools, weight loss then you would require evaluation for Malabsorption syndrome like Celiac disease. Upper GI endoscopy would be required if your symptoms don’t respond to this treatment.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy