I was treated for a UTI with antibiotics then developed symptoms of yeast infection.

Patient: I was treated for a UTI with antibiotics then developed symptoms of a yeast infection which I treated over the counter. A week later I am still having cloudy urine and began feeling symptoms of both the UTI and yeast infection again. What should I do?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are experiencing cloudy urine and increased frequency with burning sensation whi le urination , along with thick curdy white vaginal discharge with itching per vaginum then you have developed a recurrent UTI and a yeast infection. It is important that a per speculum examination is performed by your physician for a local exam and a high vaginal swab for culture to confirm the diagnosis along with a urine culture for isolating the causative organism and directing specific antibiotic treatment for UTI depending on the sensitivity pattern the organism . It is necessary that you don’t involve yourself in any form of sexual activity till complete resolution from symptoms is achieved with an aim to avoid cross infection.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards