I was trimming my hedges with an electric trimmer and

Patient : I was trimming my hedges with an electric trimmer and it fell and my hand was in the way. I went to the e.r. and they stitched it up with 8 stitches. I got an infection, they removed the stitches and it started to heal. But my finger keeps swelling up. And it feels like it's going to get too big and rupture. My question is, Is there fluid around my bone that may cause my finger to swell? Maybe the e.r. surgeon didn't sew it up right and the fluid is going to where the cut was??
Symptoms:  Right finger cut, Wound is healing, but there is a lot of swelling. It looks like there is a bubble of fluids where the incision is.