I was using my penis pump and penis head is filled with blood

Q: I was using my penis pump and after realeasing the vacuum on it, my erection went down but below the head my penis is swollen with blood i think and now my penis is bruised. What should i do

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The swollen area below the head of the penis may have been caused by trauma due to the use of the pump. You may have torn the small vessels of the penis which resulted in accumulation of blood, and hence the swelling. Injury to the nerve fibres as well as local pain and inflammation may cause difficult erection. Trauma to the penis to an extent of hematoma formation is a medical emergency. Please contact the A&E department of the local hospital for urgent medical attention.