Ask The Doctor > Pending > I was wondering, can a person get an STD from insects?

I was wondering, can a person get an STD from insects?

Patient: I was wondering, can a person get an STD from insects? I know it is a bizarre question and it is not what you think. I was at a party and entered in a dare where I had to take a hand full of wax worms (they look like little maggots) and stuff them down my panties and stand there for about 2 minutes. I won a $100 for two minutes of my time but now that I am not slightly inebriated, I’m thinking that might have been a stupid thing to do because of the “what if” factor. I know some people eat these things, or use them to feed their pets. So I am thinking there is nothing to be concerned about, but in the back of my mind the question is bugging me, no pun intended. Is there anything that they have that they could have given me, or that I should be tested for?

Doctor: