Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was wondering if i ended my period on the

I was wondering if i ended my period on the

Patient: I was wondering if i ended my period on the 28 of January and i had intercourse with my boyfriend would i be able to get pregnant? And in how many days would i be able to take a pregnancy test?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If your menses ended on 28th of january , then if you had intercourse between 7th feb a nd 17th feb which would be your fertile period , then the chances of getting pregnant would be higher as ovulation would have occurred. ANY ATTEMPT earlier would be in the safe period and chances would be minimal. So if you happen to miss your periods this month, then you may perform a urine pregnancy test after 7 days of missed periods to arrive at a sensitive result which can confirm or rule out pregnancy thereafter.I hope i have answered your query in detail ,wishing you good health,regards