I was wondering if I should get Plan B?

Q: I started taking the birth control pill on Sunday March 16 about 2 weeks after my period had already ended and had unprotected sex on March 24th. He pulled out, but I'm wondering what the chances are of the pill not being effective yet? Some say it takes 7 days some say longer so I'm not sure, And I was wondering if I should get plan B?

A:   Hello Dear, Daily birth control pills should be taken from day 5 of the menstrual cycle to day 25 of the cycle to avoid unwanted pregnancy birth control pills if taken regularly provide contraception up to 99%. In your case since you have started the pill late it is advisable that you opt for an emergency contraceptive pill or plan B to be on the safe side.
Because you say you had unprotected sex on March 24 which is past your ovulatory phase (i.e. if your periods are regular) you may actually be on safe days.
Hope that answers your query.
Have a good day.