I was wondering why am I experiencing blood in my

Patient

Q: I was wondering why am I experiencing blood in my urine? My last period was 13 days ago and the last time I had sexual intercourse was about 4 weeks ago.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The possible causes of blood in your urine are Intermenstrual spotting due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, local causes like cervical erosion, polyp, urinary tract infections, renal stones etc.
If there is possibility of pregnancy, spotting due to growing gestational sac etc should be considered.
So, please go for urine pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
If pregnancy test gives negative result and spotting persists, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.
By clinical examination and investigations like urine microscopy, ultrasound etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care