I went and used the bathroom and when I wiped thr was blood

Patient: I went and used the bathroom and when I wiped there was blood I had a hysterectomy in july last year. I stings when I use the bathroom. Why am I peeing blood

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Following are the possibilities:1. Hemorrhoids / Piles.2. Inflammatory bowel di sease3. Acute Dysentery.In such scenario, I would advise you to see your doctor, who will perform a Proctoscopy in his office. If any evidence of piles is found you would be treated accordingly.If he feels suspicious for Inflammatory bowel disease, he will post you for Colonoscopy.Also, important here is that if you are having cramps, this might be some infection or dysentery. It is not necessary that it will always be associated with Loose stools. In such scenario, you would require antibiotics like Norfloxacin and Tinidazole.In case you are suffering from chronic constipation, you would require Laxatives to prevent piles.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.