I went ice skating (for the first time in 20

Patient : I went ice skating (for the first time in 20 years) 4 days ago. My ankles were sore but tolerable at first, but are growing more and more painful by the day. Slight swelling on inside knobby bone, no bruising. Hurts to move my foot up, down, or in a circular motion. I am a healthy active parent. Each day it seems to hurt more than the last. Why is it not getting better?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you injured your ankle while ice skating. This will not get better unless y ou try the following therapy: Rest the ankle joint. Do not walk on it Ice the ankle for 15 minutes at a time every hour Compress the ankle using a crepe bandage or a ankle sleeve Elevate the ankle to allow blood flow back to the heart Use Brugel or Brufen tablets to control the painn Massage and gentle stretching may also help you. If this does not help you after 3 days, please see a Doctor. Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.