I went to a clinic about 2 weeks ago cause

Patient: I went to a clinic about 2 weeks ago cause I had uti symptoms and they checked my urine and said I had a bladder infection and they gave me medication and I took them and everything seemed fine but then I started getting kidney infection symptoms and I went to a different clinic near by my house because I started experiencing bad right back pain and couldn’t sleep and blood in my urine so I knew I had to get checked out so I did and the doctor said I may have a kidney stone but that it can go away if it’s small it’ll pass through , and he also prescribed me medication which is ciprofloxacin and i’ve been taking for almost a week now and I’m still experiencing blood when I wipe and pee and I get back pain out of nowhere I don’t if it’s normal and should just ignore it or go to the hospital and get checked out ? Please help

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) secondary to stone/stones in the ureter.Mostly recurrent burning urination, flank pain and vomitings are due to Ureteric Colic only.In most of the cases, a ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of the stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.For acute pain relief you can take Drotaverine tablets, but if you have continuous vomitings you would require to get injectables.You should not ignore this, go to ER now.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy