Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I went to a spa and got a facial extraction

I went to a spa and got a facial extraction

Patient: I went to a spa and got a facial extraction and a microdermabrasion. The esthetician extracted a really stubborn blackhead on my nose. After i got out, I noticed that my nose was pink with a yellow and orange patch. What could this be and how can I treat it?

I went to a spa and got a f...-1

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and clear picture.This is a cutaneous infection.You can apply liquid Povidone Iodine l ocally, try to avoid ointments as they may form a layer under which further infection may spread.Since the problem is on the nose oral antibiotics are strongly indicated. Meet your PCP and get a prescription for it.Do not over-clean or fondle at all. Give it time to get a strength.