I went to a spa and got a facial extraction

Patient

Q: I went to a spa and got a facial extraction and a microdermabrasion. The esthetician extracted a really stubborn blackhead on my nose. After i got out, I noticed that my nose was pink with a yellow and orange patch. What could this be and how can I treat it?

I went to a spa and got a f...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and clear picture.

This is a cutaneous infection.
You can apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally, try to avoid ointments as they may form a layer under which further infection may spread.
Since the problem is on the nose oral antibiotics are strongly indicated. Meet your PCP and get a prescription for it.
Do not over-clean or fondle at all. Give it time to get a strength.