I went to an IMAX theatre last night and it

Patient : I went to an IMAX theatre last night and it was quite loud. I am worried that it may have been too loud for my fetus. Should I be worried? I am 17 weeks.
Doctor :   Hello! Thank you for asking this question on ATD. As per available and accumulating scientific evidences, whether lou d noise is harmful to the developing embryo and fetus, and whether exposure to loud noise warrants removal of pregnant women from noisy environments remains unclear. However, the developing human fetus remained well sealed and guarded from the external environment by the amniotic fluid (the water in the gestational sac), the uterine wall, the internal organs of the abdomen, and the the abdominal wall of the mother. It is unlikely that a movie theater sound may damage the fetus in any way, unless it is exceptionally loud enough to cause damage to the persons present inside the theater. Because of the paucity of medical research information on the effects of prenatal sound exposure, our knowledge is incomplete in this regard. As of now, it remains difficult to recommend any definitive medical guidelines for noise exposure in pregnancy beyond the protection of maternal hearing. Hope this helps.