I went to an Urogynecologist today I was diagnosed with

Q: I went to an Urogynecologist today. I was diagnosed with a stage 3 prolaspe of the cervix.
I am going forward with surgery and am scheduled for a bladder test next Friday.
I told the doctor I was in pain and thought I also had developed a hemrroid. She said there was no active hemrroids.
I am taking 4 Ib prophen every 6 to 8 hours, I have soaked in Epsom salts, I have used preperation H suppositorys, and I am taking laxatives with colace every other day. I don't know what else to do. The only time my rectum does not have a deep pain is in the tub or laying flat on my stomachs.
I may not have stressed my discomfort enough because I was more concerned about the details of surgery. I hate to ask for pain medicine. Now I am back home and hurting again. What should I do?

A:   Hi.
Read and understood your history of Prolapse of uterus stage III, going ahead with Surgery.

Your Doctor has said that you have no active hemorrhoids.
Read about the efforts you use for control of the rectum pain, which is not present only if you are in a tub or lying flat.

This means that you have a Rectocele also and will need surgery for it as a part of the procedure you will undergo for Uterine prolapse.
This is called descending perineal syndrome and is a part of symptoms of uterine prolapse.

I hope this will go after the surgery, please discuss about this with your Doctor.

Since you are hurting, you can do the following:
Have sitz bath in a tub of warm water and take lying down bed rest, the pain will ease of.
Pain medicines will reduce only the pain and will in no way help fr the disease process. You may have some medicines which every household has, and take it.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask further relevant query if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.

Patient: Thank you for your help.
Doctor: You are most welcome.