Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I went to riviera maya Mexico with my boyfriend April

I went to riviera maya Mexico with my boyfriend April

Patient: I went to riviera maya Mexico with my boyfriend April 21-27. We both have had diarrhea since the 22nd/23rd and still have it multiple times(3-6x a day)to this day…is this normal for travelers to Mexico and if so how long will it last?

Symptoms: Diarrhea

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Acute Infective Diarrhea/ Acute Ga stro-Enteritis. Infective Diarrhea responds to treatment with in 5 days of antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. I also add a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone to my patients. You should also take Probiotics containing Lactobacillus which helps a lot. You should also maintain proper hydration. You can take Oral Rehydration syrup (ORS) for the purpose of re-hydration.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.