Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I went to the bathroom for a bowl movement

I went to the bathroom for a bowl movement

Patient: I went to the bathroom for a bowl movement when I was done I whipped my self and it was blood spots I’m a male 34 years old…its not from the out side area its from inside

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Painless appearance of the blood per rectum is in most of the cases due to piles (hemorr hoids).Rarely can be due to a polyp or a cancer.Hence it is very important to get this checked by per-rectal digital examination, ano-proctoscopy and colonoscopy.This will give you the perfect diagnosis and a plan for further management.Also discuss about the medicines you are taking.