I went to the docters and found I had seboronic

Patient

Q: I went to the docters and found I had seboronic ecxma so they gave me a shampoo to get rid of my greasy hair.The shampoo works but on the right side of my head its still greasy and has dandruff.I have tried working the shampoo specifically into that place but it wont work.The shampoo is this medical stuff with tar and coconut oil in it.What should I do to stop it being greasy ?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

For seborrhoeic eczema, I prefer to advise shampoo containing ketoconazole or cetrimide as the main content. Coal tar based shampoo can be used for small duration as it is not safe to use it for prolonged duration.
You may use any of the available good brand available in the market containing ketoconazole . It should be used on alternate day basis initially.
You can discuss this with your treating doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.