Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I went to the doctor about this pain i had

I went to the doctor about this pain i had

Patient: I went to the doctor about this pain i had for a week and a half. The pain was felt only on the right side of my face in the areas of my temple, my jaw, and my neck. They did a cat scan and said it came back clear. They diagnosed me with a migraine and sent me home with 2 days worth of percocets. Ive taken the percocets and the pain is still there. Should i go back?

Symptoms: Migraine, jaw pain, neck pain

Doctor: Thank You for writing to us.Yes you should go back and tell them that you need to stronger medication to help you w ith the Migraine.These are prescription only and I can’t give them to you even if I wanted to.Hope this helps you. All the best.