I went to the dr this morning and I'm not

Patient

Q: I went to the dr this morning and I'm not very happy with his advice and he didn't explain things very well.

Symptoms:
Chest cough - coughing up dark green mucus a lot.
Headaches and body aches.
Chest pain on right side when I walk at a normal pace
Clear nose.
Low grade fever on and off.
Woke up one morning with the cough with no previous symptoms.

Dr diagnosed it as possible allergies and said my chest and lungs sound clear. Then he told me that inflamed airways can trick the brain into thinking there is something to cough up. Even though I'm coughing up green mucus and often.

I am a 25 female non smoker. I have had pleurisy on my right lung before too. I don't know if that's relevant or not. I thought maybe scaring on my lung might mean that infection is easier to get?

So I'd like a second opinion please?

Symptoms:  Coughing badly. Very chesty. Coughing up green mucus. Pain in chest.
Doctor