I went to the rest room and I saw

Patient : I went to the rest room and I saw that i was bleeding so i thought it was my period, but i usually have heavy painful periods from the first day to my last day on my period,this time it was very very light and pinkish and only last minutes.Can you please tell me what this could be?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for the query. Sometimes periods can get lighter by the day for one or two cycles, which is considered normal. Else it could even be a sign of periods coming soon. In case of a history of unprotected intercourse this bleeding could mean an implantation bleed. Do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Anemia, thyroid disorder, prolactin hormone changes could be the cause as well. Consider consulting a Gynecologist for further management. Hope this helped. Regards