Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I went to use the bathroom and when I was

I went to use the bathroom and when I was

Patient: I went to use the bathroom and when I was urinating I had to adjust my penis. I kind of squeezed when I was adjusting and shortly after I felt a slight burning sensation and a small amount of blood appeared.

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood that you had to adjust the penis while urinating and when you squeezed it there was burning a nd slight amount blood appeared.It is possible that there was pre-existing urethritis due to concentrated urine or crystalluria or Urinary tract infection.I would advise you the following:-To send the sample of urine for gram staining, culture and sensitivity.- start on an antibiotic- Plenty of oral fluids.Take an opinion of an Urologist and get investigated by Urthroscystoscopy if required.