I will be 46 years old the 17th june in

Patient : I will be 46 years old the 17th june. in 2013 I had a blighted ovum that was my first pregnancy. does the possibility exist that I will ever get pregnant again. my periods are clock work each month.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, If you are menstruating and have been regular then there are a ll possibilities that you can get pregnant easily. You need to time your ovulation with the help of ovulation kits and then follow timed intercourse in increased frequency to increase your chances of conception. It is to be understood that with advanced maternal age , the chances of aneuploidies are higher in the foetus like that of trisomy 13, 18 or 21 ( Down's syndrome), but that should not curtail you from getting pregnant. A previous blighted ovum doesn't necessarily increase the chances of having a repeat chemical pregnancy / blighted ovum again. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Wishing you good health, Regards

Patient: thanks for you advise and your caution
Doctor: You are most welcome. :)