I woke to find a new mole/bump on my ear

Patient

Q: I woke to find a new mole/bump on my ear lobe. It is about .5 cm and the color is pinkish but a bit darker then regular skin color. I freaking out. It feels a bit rough so I fear melanoma. I am wondering if I just noticed it would that mean it would be a good possibility surgery would get it all if it was something bad.

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern.

As per details, the possibility of the bump you got as melanoma is highly unlikely. Melanoma if at all occurs evolves slowly. It does not present so spontaneously and suddenly.

The most likely possibility for your symptoms is Insect bite reaction.
It is very often noticed by the patients while they get up in the morning.

in such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area initially
followed by a combination of antibiotic and steroid like hydrocortisone.
I would advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription accordingly.

You can share my opinion with him.
I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.