I woke up this morning with really bad rib cage

Q: I woke up this morning with really bad rib cage pain and idk why

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.

The commonest cause of waking up with really bad rib cage pain can be flu or ever-exertion of the chest muscles a day before like sudden starting of heavy exercises or need to to do something physically which had to be done as sudden need to catch something. At the same time the cardiac pain has to be ruled out by doing an URGENT ECG, and you get a chance to be clinically evaluated by a Doctor and physical examination and a proper prescription based treatment.
Take full bed rest till you are recovered if you want to avoid chronic affair of pains.

I hope this answer helps you.