I woke up this morning with tightness in my throat

Q: I woke up this morning with tightness in my throat my throat was itchy and dry. Then I was having shortness in breath and started shaking and somewhat nauseated

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI). If you have severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest Xray Done to rule out Pneumonia.
For URTI, I advise to take an antibiotic like Azithromycin and to take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine.
You should do warm saline gargles at least 3-4 times a day and do steam inhalation. You should also take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.