Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I woke up two days ago to find an odd

I woke up two days ago to find an odd

Patient: I woke up two days ago to find an odd pair of lumps/swelling directly under my temple on both sides of my face. The lumps are painless but firm and I have no other symptoms.

Symptoms: Lumps, swelling

I woke up two days ago to f...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.I can’t really appreciate the swellin gs properly, but I can see a light swelling under the temple.I need some more information before making a diagnosis:- is it Hard inconsistency?- Any pain?- does the swelling move around or stuck to the skin?- any family history of Lipoma?Kindly let me know the answers and j will get back to spyingRegards.

Patient: It’s firm, hard, and does not move at all – stuck to the skin. No pain, even when pressed very hard. No family history of lipoma.

Doctor: Hello,
Thank you for the follow-up.
It looks more like a lipoma from the image you shared, but lipomas are not hard in consistency. They have a very characteristic slipping between the fingers feeling. Overnight no other swelling can develop.
I will advise you a course of Tab. chymotrypsin twice daily, if it is an inflammatory reaction, the swelling will subside on taking chymo.
Hope this was helpful,
Regards.