I woke up with both of my legs and feet

Patient : I woke up with both of my legs and feet swollen up roughly 25% larger than normal and they have been this way for about 14 hours now. There is some pain in my legs and ankles but it's both of my knees that hurt the most. I have not started on any new medications in at least 4 months and there is no sign of any bug bites. When I pull my socks down which are now quite tight around my low legs and feet you can very noticeably see where my socks were, it's like my socks are holding back some of the swelling. My feet and only my feet have swollen up like this before but that was when I was put on a new medication. I stopped taking that medication almost a year ago and haven't had any issues like this since that time. What could cause both legs and feet to swell up like this seemingly out of the blue and what should I do?
Symptoms:  Legs and feet swollen up, some pain in legs but more so in my knees