I woke up with what looked like a pimple on the edge line of bottom lip.

Q: I woke up with what looked like a pimple on the edge line of my bottom lip. My lip also was very swollen and painful. After awhile, I noticed the "pimple" had a yellow head like any normal pimple so I popped it. But then once I woke up again the next morning and let it sit until after work, the yellow head was back and bigger than the first. It was so painful so I put a warm rag on it and popped it again but this time, it now looks like an open sore! I am 20 years old (female) and I have never had anything like this anywhere on my body. Is it just a bad case of a pimple or something else?

A:   Hello, Thanks for your query on ATD.
It appears that you are having bacterial infection of glands of lips. The lips are included in a danger area having blood flow to the brain. The fiddling or popping may lead to infection traveling to the brain. So do not repeat it again. Please consult a dermatologist immediately, He will give you antibiotics & pain killers.
Get well soon!