I wore some underwear that was to tight since i

Patient : I wore some underwear that was to tight since i have gained some weight. Now i have a huge lump along my bikini line, about 2 inches long. It is swollen and painful.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Friction due to the tight inner wear can lead to complicati ons like folliculitis, clogged sebaceous glands, edema and redness of underlying skin, infecting the surrounding lymph nodes etc, which can lead to formation of swollen painful lump. By clinical examination, the exact nature of the swelling can be identified and treatment can be taken. So, please do consult your doctor and get examined and plan treatment accordingly. Avoid wearing tight inner wear as that can lead to these type of complications. Take care