I worked out 2 days ago, now my arms are sore

Q: I worked out 2 days ago, now my arms are sore and locked at an 90 degree angle. When i take my blood pressure it high at 160 over 108. Could my high read be due to my arms being a lot swollen?

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

This pain seems to be of Muscular in nature.
High BP readings will not cause these issues. You would require medicine for such a high BP.
For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside combination which are act as pain killer and muscle relaxant.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain should start getting better in 5 days. In case, it doesn’t you should get a Chest Xray and Xray Cervical Spine to rule out any evidence of Ribs fracture, Pleural Effusion and Disc prolapse.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy