I would just like some answers, I am In constant

Patient

Q: I have had back problems for approximately 3 years now - I was experiencing a constant dull pain, but not so bad that it stopped me from carrying out day to day activities. Within the last 6 months, the pain has developed into regular muscle spasms and a sharp, stabbing pain up and down my spine which prevent me from sleeping (I'm lucky if I get 4 hours' sleep a night).

I have tried light exercise as it was recommended by my doctor, but I feel this makes it worse. I feel that the pain is considerably worse when I lie flat on my back, and feels a little better when I am upright and walking around.

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, muscle spasms, pain up the spine and pain in back of thigh
Doctor