I would like to know if HIV can be transmitted

Patient : I would like to know if HIV can be transmitted through oral sex. I am a female and my partner was a male.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Yes, it can be transmitted t hrough oral sex, but the chances are remote. It can only happen if the male partner ejaculates inside the female partner's mouth, and if she has any open mucosal lesions, the virus may enter through the lesion. There are no such documented cases, this is more of a theoretical possibility. Hope this was helpful, Regards.