Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I would like to know if i am pregnant?

I would like to know if i am pregnant?

Patient: The first day of my last period was 9/15/2014.it lasted for 6 days.i had unprotected sex on 11/4/2014.i am irregular with my period at times but lately i have been very consistent every month.i missed my period for the first time in a long time in the month of October of 2014.is it possible that i am pregnant??if so when can i take a test??

Symptoms: Dizzyness, cramping, really tired

Doctor: Hello,thanks for the question.you can take the pregnancy test after 7 days of your missed period to sensitively rule out any pregnancy with a urine pregnancy test. However the symptoms you are experiencing are possibly premenstrual syndrome and may indicate that you r menses shall start soon , provided pregnancy test is negative.I hope i have answered your query in detail,regards