I would like to know if it is safe to

Q: I would like to know if it is safe to get Vyvanse with Nootropil (Piracetam). Could you help me out?

Symptoms:  Currently feeling more alert and focused. The fluidity of my mind is better, I can recall either short and long term memories. Just to fill in, I am an ADHD person, that's why i got Vyvanse (50mg).

Thanks for writing to us.

I have read your case and understood your concern.

Vyvanse is a pro-drug of dextroamphetamine. Amphetamines are thought to block the reuptake of norepinephrine and dopamine into the presynaptic neuron and increase the release of these monoamines into the extraneuronal space.

Piracetam improves the function of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine via muscarinic cholinergic (ACh) receptors, which are implicated in memory processes. Furthermore, piracetam may have an effect on NMDA glutamate receptors, which are involved with learning and memory processes.

Both can be taken together without any significant side effect except that some people may suffer from mild headaches occasionally which can be treated with analgesics.

Hope I could solve your query. Feel free to write back.

Take care

Patient: Thank you very much! I was just concerned about some articles mentioning some neurotoxity properties when these medicines are taken together. Is that true?
Doctor: Hello thanks for writing back
Sorry for late reply
The combination doesn't cause neurotoxicity and you can take it .
As I mentioned it may cause headaches for which you can take analgesics on sos basis .
Hope this helps
Feel free to write back
Patient: No worries, thank you very much for the reponse! I know that sometimes Piracetam may loose its action on the brain as time goes by and you continue getting the pills. Is there any way to avoid this kind of tolerance? (I mean, maybe getting some vitamin B supplements or taking choline)
Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for writing back.
There are few protocols to avoid tolerance:
1) use minimum effective dose
2) take regular breaks
3) use the drug at the time of the day it is needed most to gain maximum use
4) Give drug off period as in take drug for 3 weeks and then no drug for 1 week then again restart for 3 weeks.

Use of choline, magnesium and vitamin D is known to avoid tolerance but this is not proved.
Hope this helps
Feel free to write back.