Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’am a male who was in a car accident

I’am a male who was in a car accident

Patient: I’am a male who was in a car accident when I was in my early teens so now I can’t have kids so we decided to go down the IVF route will the sperm donor be of the same race or will my wife have a baby from a person of a different skin colour

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Generally when you are opting for an IVF from donor sperms, the couple is counselled b efore and allowed to choose the nature of the sample type.Though the couple will not know who is donating the person, a preliminary check would be made. The criteria would be getting the skin color, race, eye lens color as close as possible to the couple with a compatible blood group. This will help in a greater acceptance of the sibling and solve many growing up issues of the child.Consider talking to your infertility specialist or gynecologist regarding the same.Hope this helped.Regards