I'am a male who was in a car accident

Patient

Q: I'am a male who was in a car accident when I was in my early teens so now I can't have kids so we decided to go down the IVF route will the sperm donor be of the same race or will my wife have a baby from a person of a different skin colour

Doctor

Generally when you are opting for an IVF from donor sperms, the couple is counselled before and allowed to choose the nature of the sample type.
Though the couple will not know who is donating the person, a preliminary check would be made. The criteria would be getting the skin color, race, eye lens color as close as possible to the couple with a compatible blood group. This will help in a greater acceptance of the sibling and solve many growing up issues of the child.
Consider talking to your infertility specialist or gynecologist regarding the same.

Hope this helped.