Iam in age of 22 male height 5'9" having weight

Patient

Q: Iam in age of 22 male ..height 5'9" having weight 58 kg.i am under weight and want to gain weight...i eat alot with good extra nutritions taking having good exercise but still iam not gaining weight.i already used apetite increasing syrups..mulitvitamins..and anti worms tablets.i have taken these medicines thousands of time.but iam still not gaining weight... :( any suggestion what to do Plz..?

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
You have been eating normally, exercising, taking multivitamin tablets, yet you are not putting on weight.
Unfortunately, some people genetically find it very difficult to put on weight and have a lean look for the rest of their life.
The only way to put on healthy weight is to add muscle growing supplements to your diet and indulge in good physical workouts every day. A supplement like whey protein will help you add lean muscle mass and a diet rich in protein also needs to be taken. Mostly Asian diets lack protein and while it is recommended to consume around 150-180 grams of protein, our diet hardly gives us 60-80 grams. You need to include 6-8 boiled egg whites per day, besides meat, and other protein rich foods such as cottage cheese, soybean, peanuts, pulses, e.t.c

Whey protein can be taken 2-3 times daily provided you are following a regular workout schedule. You need to get a good trainer to keep you motivated and workout 5 days a week. This will definitely help you put on good healthy weight in 3 months.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.