Ask The Doctor > Pending > Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Papatura

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Papatura

Patient: I was diagnosed with ITP back in 2012-2013. I was on prednisone treatments until my platelets went to a safe level. The past 2 weeks I have been extremely nauseous, tired, and most recently it hurts to stand on both of my feet. I have constant pain from my knees down. It does not get better with rest and it has not occurred because of recent injury and/or trauma. I am not pregnant so I know it is not nausea associated with such. I do not have health insurance at the moment so I am trying to avoid the ER unless necessary and I cannot go see my hematologist because I owe them money. Are these symptoms associated with ITP? Should I go to the ER?

Symptoms: sudden pain from knees down, nausea without pregnancy, fatigue, bruising

Doctor: