If chlamydia is dormant, can it be transfered to your partner?

Patient : If chlamydia is dormant, can it be transfered to your partner?
Doctor :   Chlamydia is a bacterial infection of the genital tract that spreads easily through sexual contact. In some cases people don’t know they have Chlamydia because the signs and symptoms of pain and fluid discharge don't show up right away, if they show up at all. Signs and symptoms are not always present but the infection is. Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases in the United States. If you don’t have signs or symptoms but have the bacteria, you may transmit the disease. Chlamydia isn't difficult to treat once you know you have it. If it's left untreated, however, Chlamydia can lead to more-serious health problems. I wish you the best.