If I have abdominal cramping that has lasted for a day

Patient

Q: If I have abdominal cramping that has lasted for a day and a half along with black stool, do I need to go to the dr.?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Acute GI infection or Dysentery.
Also, important here is that if you are having cramps, this might be some infection or dysentery. It is not necessary that it will always be associated with Loose stools. In such scenario, you would require antibiotics like Norfloxacin and Tinidazole.
In case you are suffering from chronic constipation, you would require Laxatives to prevent piles.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.